[Gmecm] 60° V6 Cam

David Allen davida1
Thu Nov 23 01:39:51 UTC 2006

   All this talk about DIS crank sensors has me thinking about building up a DIS-fitted engine for my Century.  Currently it has a 1985-spec 2.8 MPFI motor (modified) with a distributor.  This engine has a flat-tappet hydraulic cam (from the factory).  Did GM ever produce a factory roller-lifter 60? V6 motor?  I've heard that it is best to stay with the iron heads for a turbo application.  But I would like to have the improved performance of a roller cam and DIS ignition.  Any ideas of where to look in the JY for a motor that has a factory roller cam and is new enough to have DIS?
   I want to keep the same MPFI and turbo setup.
  Thanks,
David