[Gmecm] re dual4cyldis modulefor v8 use

Brendan Patten bpatten
Tue Oct 3 23:29:44 UTC 2006

I'm looking into the flip-flop idea.  This could work.  I too am not too
familiar with this area of electronics, however I am doing some reading
to try and figure this out.

Each module will send a ref pulse to the ecm 60 degree before each TDC
event.  The ECM then can send a signal pulse back to the module anytime
in the next say 60 degrees to fire the coil (saying max retard of 0 deg)
That leaves 30 degrees at a minimum to flip over to route the ecm's
signal to the other module. And so forth.

The thing I want to figure out, is how to synchronize module 1 ref,
output to module 1, module 2 ref, output to module 2, and so forth.

http://www.play-hookey.com/digital/

site I found so far, good intro to logic.

This making any sense to anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Jenkins
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 6:03 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] re dual4cyldis modulefor v8 use

have been trying with 1227808 using 2 6cyl dis coils for v12
the only option was as previously mentioned ,run two ecu's
reason is  you double the rpm which you can work around but limits max
rpm to half previous ie 3000rpm
what I had in mind is a type of  x2 flip flop circuit on the est output
double out put pulses and send them along alternating outputs but still
run the second sensor to time the second dis pack in start up/limp mode
Have got a set up on a test bench that works in limp mode fine but can't
get the x2 flip flop circuit to work as that is not my line of expertise

> Peter Jenkins
> 10336 Murray River Rd
Pine Mountain Vic. 3709