[Gmecm] re dual4cyldis modulefor v8 use

Peter Jenkins info
Wed Oct 4 02:22:55 UTC 2006

have put diagrams at
http://www.diy-efi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Gmecm/Running2DisPacksOff1Ecu
and some more discussion on the gm forum at
http://gmecm.mine.nu/viewtopic.php?p=207#207
on the test bench I have two crank angle sensors at 60deg (or could be put
at 180deg) the  sensors are connected to the dis module only and are
independent of the ecu, and give the dis modules the base timing and their
firing order . If I join the est output and the bypass control on both coil
they packs they fire together . disconnected one runs at base timing while
the other is est controlled
the problem with est output is the square wave is not symmetrical not only
does it increase in frequency but also varies in duration so this rules out
using the down slope to fire second module.
hence the idea to double the signal and then split it to alternate outputs.
the original signal is timed correctly all you are doing is putting another
in the middle and bleeding it off to the second dis module hence it is timed
at 180deg
phase with all the original characteristics
> Peter Jenkins
> 10336 Murray River Rd
Pine Mountain Vic. 3709