[Gmecm] Modify $8D to work on MPFI 3.1L DIS engine

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Fri Sep 1 13:48:44 UTC 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 22:26, Ryan Hess wrote:
> The obvious question to ask, is why?  Seems like a lot of work for nothing
> to gain...  Are you trying to find more tuning support or something?  I'd

Well, it's not hard at all to get the $8D to run a 6 Cyl+ DIS and it is better
documented than the V6 codes.

The only problem I'm still having on my $8D I6 DISed BMW, is that sometimes
the idle control goes crazy on starts: it gets a 2000 RPM idle and even on
the ALDL the IAC count stays on the ceiling (so it is not a stuck IAC, it is
software). If I stop the engine and start it again, it gets great idle
again .... weird ....

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.