[Gmecm] How does the ecm "know" if it is an auto or manual trans ?

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Thu Sep 7 10:42:15 UTC 2006

 This is the case with most manual vs automatic trans calibrations.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: robert.sjodin at scania.com
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] How does the ecm "know" if it is an auto or manual trans ?

Perhaps the $58 is different but in my case ($8D) there are quite a few tables
and constants that will differ. Eg compare main SA table for low RPM and high
MAP you will see that auto has much more spark advance due to converter.

My Corvette came with an ANHT-based (auto) "custom" chip but it should have been
AXCN (manual). When I started to compare those two I found that several hundred
bytes calibration data were different.

I would be surprised if it was only one bit differece between auto and manual
gearbox for the $58 since there are so may differences in case of the $8D.

Rob