[Gmecm] Surging Idle, was: Does $a1 have a "stall saver" algorithm?

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Fri Sep 8 18:25:05 UTC 2006

It's possible, but it's a new heated o2 about 10" from the port.  Forcing open loop at idle might be what I'm forced to do if I can't figure out what's causing it to begin with...

Beau Blankenship <ne14roxcj at gmail.com> wrote: Could it be a problem with a lazy O2 sensor or one cooling off at idle? Is
it manifolds or headers, 1-wire or heated O2, how far away from the exh.
port? Maybe tweaking the prop term of the O2 sensor to slow its reaction
time down a bit. Or forcing open-loop at idle or in park?

Beau

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Ryan Hess
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 12:51 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Surging Idle,was: Does $a1 have a "stall saver"
algorithm?

Vacuum is about 30kpa.  It's not a vacuum leak, or IAC problem.  EGR has
been disabled in the chip.

DV Fagan  wrote: Ryan,
What is your manifold vacuum at idle?  You could have
a vacuum leak, an inoperative IAC, or EGR.  Any of
these could be adjusted out in open loop with the
throttle stop and fueling tables but would cuase
surging in closed loop where O2 enters the equations.
A bad CTS value causes mine to hunt and stall as well.