[Gmecm] GMLAN and Class 2

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Sep 29 18:40:19 UTC 2006

Bill, take a look at the OBD2 info on the gmecm page:

http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/obd2/

The definitive references are the SAE documents.  I used to have them
online but had to remove them when I got a certified letter from SAE.  I
found them originally via google so you might be able to find them also.
Or try a library.  J1850 is the electrical specification and you can
find out all you need to know about it from the whitepapers and app
notes on that page.  The other 2 documents have higher level
information.

For you or anyone else who is interested I am working on a board that
will connect a GM OBD2 system to a computer via USB.  It has 2 chips and
a BOM of about $30.  I've created the initial PCB which had some
problems so I'm still debugging.  I'm hoping that if I provide the
hardware and some basic software that others will run with it to create
scan tools, editors, reflashers, etc.

What are you contemplating?

--steve