[Gmecm] Off topic - rear main seal packing

Tom tprucha
Mon Apr 2 03:41:18 UTC 2007

The rope seals do rob a lot of power as compared to Neoprene. The torque
needed to turn the crank against that seal isn't quite so bad at full
speed, once it is worn-in. However, I have heard stories of losing 15+
HP with a rope seal on bigger engines...