[Gmecm] '165 expertise???

Robin Handley Robin
Tue Apr 10 22:03:00 UTC 2007

>From what I've seen, using a USB<->RS232 adapter is the LAST thing you want
to do. I've had enough problems with a dedicated RS232 port! Some of the
GMECM code ($58 in particular) is VERY fussy about the timing of chatter
away' lap-tops with dedicated RS232 ports that I don't worry about
losing/breaking.

HTH

Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: <LaRose_Brian at emc.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: 10 April 2007 19:26
Subject: FW: [Gmecm] '165 expertise???

I am a newbie having the same problem.  The Laptop com ports are so
difficult to setup with regard to a USB connection..  I can't get it to
connect to the ECM so I can't really do anything with this yet.  I spent
3 hours on Sunday only to get frustrated and walk away from it.

I am using an ALDLcable.com cable with the 10ohm resistor tag between A
and B and an HP laptop with USB interface.  (actually, I've tried a dell
laptop too).

Does anybody have a how to guide for the WINDOWS / COM / USB / side of
this?

Brian in Atlanta
1987 Z/28 IROC