[Gmecm] '727 mounting

Mike Wilson mwilson
Wed Apr 11 15:13:07 UTC 2007

Robin, my 91 Z/28 runs the 730 in the vertical position from the factory and
it is internally the same as the 727 with different connectors.

I don't believe there are any restrictions as to the position you can mount
the ECM as long as you can reach the connectors to unplug it from the
harness as I have seen GM mount the ECM's in many different orientations.

The factory doesn't care about access to the cover but any way you can mount
the ECM with cover access should work without any problems. If dirt
collection on the connectors is a problem you could always turn the ECM in a
way that required you to take it loose from its mounting to access the cover
or figure out some way of sealing the connector cover panel from the
elements.

Hope this helps.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Robin Handley
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:33 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] '727 mounting

Hello,

I have to move my '727 to make space for something else. It's currently
mounted horizontally with the MEMCAL door on the top. (See:
http://www.furyworld.fsnet.co.uk/Images/GMECM.jpg - apologies for the poor
quality of this picture.)

Given the constraint of not modifying the loom, I have limited options about

where and at what orientation I can remount it.

Could somebody with experience of '727s in their original installations
advise of whether vertical mounting is likely to cause any problems?

BR,

Robin