[Gmecm] (no subject)

Frank McCracken frankmccracken
Thu Apr 12 18:40:27 UTC 2007

I have considered the "Tupper ware" housing in the past. What about heat
dissapation in that enclosed area? Is that an issue?
Frank.

----- Original Message -----
From: <dozierhc at aol.com>
To: <Gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:35 AM
Subject: [Gmecm] (no subject)

> Robin...If the Connector is mounted in a way that all wiring goes
DOWNWARDS from the connectors and that plastic cover, you should be OK.  I
just wanted to give advice in that I see installations all the time that
have a water path to the connector shells, which is always a bad idea.
> Same with mounting O2 sensors with the probe upwards in the exhaust!
>
> If you do feel the area you wi mount the ECM is prone to water spalsh,
thewn you might consider placing the ECM into a platic box (Tupperware?) of
appropriate size and then using the old "Racer's Tape - Silver duct tape to
make a final seal.