[Gmecm] More '730/$8D tuning questions...

Mike Wilson mwilson
Tue Apr 17 16:29:23 UTC 2007

Clair, with a manual transmission & iron heads the best way for you to get
started is to use the 1992 5.0 liter 5-speed Camaro bin AXXC and copy the
VE, PE, AE & cold start up info from the 350 auto AUJP bin into the 305 bin
plus change the cylinder volume & injector flow rate and disable VATS.

You may want to pull more timing out because of your data logging on your
specific engine but this should get you a lot closer to a drivable engine to
start with. With a good manual transmission iron head base program you can
then tune for your cam and headers and modify the rest of the program to fit
your application.

I did this when I put a T-56 into my 91 5.7 TPI Z/28 and it worked very well
but my engine was otherwise stock so I only had to deal with the manual
transmission issue.

Hope this helps,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Clair Davis
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 8:38 PM
To: For discussion of GM EFI hardware and software
Subject: [Gmecm] More '730/$8D tuning questions...

... 3) Is there a benefit to using a different base cal, such as ANHT vs.
AUJP or whatever, as long as they're for essentially the same family of
engines?

Thanks in advance as usual, and I really am glad to be able to drive this
old girl again, as frustrating as it is at the moment.

Clair
69 Plymouth Valiant, 340+730
Fort Worth, TX