[Gmecm] More '730/$8D tuning questions...

Clair Davis clair.davis
Thu Apr 19 01:24:54 UTC 2007

I've got some more comparing to do tonight.  I uploaded the lightly-tweaked
AXXC when I got home from work, and it almost instantly turned on the
CEL/SES/whachamacallit light, so I couldn't get an idea of how it would even
idle.  Swapping in the untouched AXXC did the same thing, but it cleaned
right up when I reloaded the bin I was driving with last weekend.  I
couldn't even get the ALDL to synch up until the last bin was loaded.

Once I get a bit more sorted out, I'll need to pick your brain on the finer
points of tuning with a large volume short runner intake.  That's
essentially what I have on my 340, one of the Mopar Performance M1 series.
I've also got a large direct-linkage 4V throttle body that I'm going to have
to work with, too.  PE and SA ought to clean those up, though.  And good
point on the TPI intake, I forget how well it worked.  The early Chrysler
long-ram and short-ram engines would generate over 100% VE even back in the
day, but I don't think they were as much of a treat off idle.  I'll keep
that in mind.

Clair