[Gmecm] More '730/$8D tuning questions...

Terminal Crazy Terminal_Crazy
Tue Apr 24 06:41:28 UTC 2007

On 24 Apr, <rdanzy at suddenlink.net> wrote:
> Have you tried using another eprom?  From my experience, I bought 2
> eproms when I started programming a 89 TPI '165' ecm.  After about 5
> turns on swapping eproms (save the old program, try a change) one eprom
> would not control the engine properly (cooling fan turns on with
> ignition, engine will not idle, backfires under acceleration, etc.) but
> the other eprom with the same program runs great and has been through
> about 100 burns or more to date.  Like you with the bad eprom, I cannot
> get any codes other than 12.

> Roger

Clair, following Rogers reply, have you tried reading back what you have
written to the ROM and compared the two.

I'm not sure what type of __256 youre using but may require a
different/thorough erasing procedure.

If it's possible, have you checked they are fully erased.

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England          http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy/