[Gmecm] DLC question

WopOnTour wopontour
Tue Aug 7 03:01:08 UTC 2007

Steve:
According to the wiring 2001 thru 2003 DLC wiring schematic, there should
only be 4 wires to your DLC.(as you  indicated)
The green wire you have in pin 14 has likely been something added by some
after market accessory or gage. While it's true pin 14 is designated for
CAN, there was not CAN (GMLAN) implemented (at the DLC at least) into any GM
truck in 2002. If there WAS (eg. as for the Parallel Hybrid Truck -PHT a
couple years later in 2004)  it would be DUAL WIRE CAN (aka High Speed
GMLAN) and therefore would also require there be a wire in pin 6 (HS GMLAN
+). These wires are usually tan (pin 14 GMLAN HS-) and tan/wht  (pin 6 GMLAN
HS+)  What do you measure on that wire with a DVOM or DSO??
Regards
WOT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 9:37 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] DLC question

The schematics for my truck ('02 K1500) show 4 wires to the DLC:

pin 2:  class2 data
pin 4:  gnd
pin 5:  gnd
pin 16: Vbatt

But my actual connector has a fifth wire, green, on pin 14.  The OBD2
spec seems to say this is a CAN line, but if CAN were implemented there
would have to be a wire in pin 6 also, and there's not.  Any idea what
this wire might be?

thanks,
--steve

Steve Ravet
ARM
steve.ravet at arm.com

confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium.  Thank you.