[Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Tue Aug 14 18:17:36 UTC 2007

Down the downhill in third,  tap the brakes slightly to set the front
wheels,   turn in and clip the apex while rolling the power back on.  On
the floor at the apex,  hold it straight while drifting to the outside
of the front straight.  Holding it to the floor to 6800,  shift to 4th,
we blow past several p-bugs by start-finish.  Still on the floor at the
start of braking zone we're approaching 6800 again but no room for a
shift.  Hold it to the floor until 4 then off the gas,  hard on the
brakes (***BANG!!***) fireball!  We just scared the sh!t out of a few
people :-) Modulate the brakes, turn in hard,  trail brake down to about
80mph @ the apex then back to the floor again and turn in a bit a bit
more, we're closing in on the next p-bug......  I can't wait to get back
on the track.

Fuel economy?  What's that? :-)

Best,

Bill
928s 4 mpg in track mode,  and all smiles.