[Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Rob Handley Robin
Tue Aug 14 22:32:19 UTC 2007

Interesting. Thanks.

Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dig" <turbodig at yahoo.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: 14 August 2007 23:22
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

A group of us  (don't know how many of them are reading here)  started a
project to update/fix things we didn't like in $58. $59 was the most clever
name we could come up with.

Bruce had started a similar project years back ($60), but it never really
caught hold. This is different from his effort.

One of the features, as Bill brings up, is WB o2 control of non PE/AE/DE
fueling. It works pretty good, thanks to Don's hard work, although it does
require you to have a *fairly* close tune. (WB control loop kinda freaks,
otherwise)

You may download/join for free at www.code59.org. The xdf files and other
tools are there as well.

The only thing that we ask, per the license, is that if you use it, you must
post your tune back to the board. The idea being, that somewhere along the
line, someone will need something similar, and can use your tune as a
starting point. It's intended to be free for all.

Last big disclaimer, since it seems to offend some:  The xdfs and code is
set up for a 3 bar map. A number of people seem to have concerns about the
driveability of the 3 bar sensor, but we don't have any problems with it in
the field. To each their own.

Really last big disclaimer:  This is a work in progess. We haven't observed
any major bugs, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

Later,

Dig
www.code59.org