[Gmecm] Interfacing HEI module to Pertronix pickup assembly

David Allen davida1
Sun Aug 19 02:51:36 UTC 2007

  Okay. I found 2 circuit diagrams on the net, but they  have some problems.
One, keeps current on the coil all the time thus overheating the module and
coil when the engine is not turning.  The other fires on the FALLING edge of
the square-wave signal.  Not sure what this will do but that is not how the
Pertronix is timed.  Also, both these may or may not fire one random spark
when the ignition is turned on or off.  Not too good either.  Both these
operate by putting an extarnal voltage source on the P and N pickup coil
terminals through resistors and other components.  Supposedly they will work
but I am not happy with the side effects.
  I'm going to try the isolated circuit described below tomorrow.
  I would still like to hear if anyone else has successfully done this?
  Later,
David