[Gmecm] Adjusting 7730/$8D for larger cam

Clair Davis clair.davis
Sat Feb 3 04:43:40 UTC 2007

John,
Question regarding the O2 constants you mentioned...

In the Constants/Scalars section, I've got:
0.60V at 496 (Idle O2 Rich/Lean Threshold Fast)
0.60V at 497 (Idle O2 Rich/Lean Slow Zero Error Upper)
0.56V at 498 (Idle O2 Rich/Lean Slow Zero Error Lower)

Are you saying to knock them all down by 0.04 - to 0.54, 0.54, and 0.52?  I
haven't done that yet, but I can before I burn again.  I bumped the idle
spark advance at 800rpm up to 24.96* from 20.04* in the Closed Throttle vs.
RPM table.  That's the same as the 1200rpm point, not a big bump, and this
engine likes idle advance.

With some luck, I'll get to try this out tomorrow, and see what the BLM's
look like as well.

On a semi-related note, what are some thoughts on saving versions of bins to
help track progress?  I've got very few changes at this point, so I've been
keeping essentially a single file so far.  I can see how I'll need multiple
files in the very near future, and I'd like to keep up with what has been
changed.  I'm thinking date-stamp-type file names, but that can get
ungainly, and the XDF would have to be changed at the same time.  Maybe no
biggie, if I keep the date stamp in a directory name.  There must be some
tidier ways, though.

Thanks again,

Clair