[Gmecm] Adjusting 7730/$8D for larger cam

Jay Vessels jay
Sat Feb 3 23:29:03 UTC 2007

Hi there!

A heated 3-wire sensor (i.e. AFS-74) looks to the ECM like a single-wire
part so no worries there.  You supply switched 12V and ground for the
heater.  The signal wire connects to the ECM just like the single-wire
one.  The heater is always powered with the ignition key on, so there's
no worries about having to control the heater with the ECM.  I powered
mine from the same circuit that powers my ignition coil, for instance.
The heater isn't polarized, so it doesn't matter which wire is power and
which is ground.

My local GM dealer had both the sensor and a pigtail harness for the
3-wire plug in stock, so it was a quick, easy addition.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)