[Gmecm] Still Tracker TBI Problems

Cowen captain_krill
Tue Feb 6 17:05:21 UTC 2007

Hello folks,in trying to correct high CO and low
mileage from my wife's 1992 Tracker, I've encountered
something I didn't expect.  Yesterday, while trying to
test the O2 sensor with a multimeter (indeciferable
readings, will try again tonight), I was running the
can with the O2 disconnected.  It did not trigger the
MIL!

Now, the MIL functioned when I disconnected the IAT,
so I know the light and wiring are good.  How can a
sensor as important as the O2 sensor NOT trigger the
light?

Unfortunately, I was low on time and I didn't try to
pull a code last night.  Does anyone have an idea why
the O2 failure would not trigger the MIL?

Insurance runs out Thursday, so I'm getting desperate
to find out why it's not running right!  To date, I've
swapped the ecm, TB, and all sensors except CTS
(swapping it tonight) with little effect.

Thanks folks,
Duncan