[Gmecm] Chevy 350 Carburated to TBI / TPI?

Chris Reynolds red83brick
Mon Jan 8 06:59:24 UTC 2007

TBI was not introduced until 1987 on Fullsize trucks with V8s.  That means that all of them had the later style "High Swirl" heads on them.

  You can however often find the 454 TBI adapter used on the early 454s for a song.

Aphelion79 <aphelion79 at cox.net> wrote:
  Whoops, to finish that... so at the Junkyard look for a TBI'ed truck,
latest model being a '86, for the whole setup... anyone have pictures of
the differences or is there some big obvious thing I could notice?