[Gmecm] Tracker TBI problem solved!

Garrett Herning herningg
Tue Jan 9 01:44:43 UTC 2007

Hi Duncan,

Glad you solved your problem. I had a probalem with the TBI gasket on my
K1500. I would notice at idle sometime it would be a bit rough, other times
not. Kind of bugged me but with the high milage of the vehicle I thought
that it was just old. I happened to be doing something else and had the air
cleaner off and was opening the throttle with the engine off and noticed
something sticking out into one of the bores farther down. Here the gasket
had cracked and been partially sucked into the bore on the are with the
largest distance between bolts and least amount of gasket. (on the typ GM 3
bolt pattern for a TBI). So I had an intermittent vac leak. From the looks
of it, it had been like that for a while. I popped off the TBI, scrapped off
the gasket and put a new one on. IIRC, the old gasket was quite hard and
brittle. I am pretty sure this was the original GM gasket.

Garrett