[Gmecm] Re: TBI injector schema vs. port injector schema

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Thu Jan 11 17:56:46 UTC 2007

> I know that the 730 can't drive more than one and that it would need
> external drivers to run multiple LoZ injectors. I was just wonndering if
> there was anything associated with the way the ECM calculates pulse
> width and fires the injectors that wouldn't work with TBI injectors.

I can't speak to the ECM calculations, but there's no reason a '730
can't be used to run (2) TBI injectors in parallel, provided you're willing
to perform the injector driver upgrade shown on Bill's page:

http://p-928.home.comcast.net/749mods.html

If you upgrade the driver and drop the sense resistor's value to half
the original, the '730 ECMs single injector driver will run two TBI injectors
correctly.  This same change would also allow it to run (4) port type
PnH injectors.

-Scott