[Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems... still

Cowen captain_krill
Thu Jan 18 23:48:25 UTC 2007

More evidence that it's worth checking the gaskets:

I pulled my sister's Suzuki Sidekick TBI apart last
weekend, and you could see pieces of gasket poking
into the bore about 1cm!  That car however was and is
running perfectly.  The gasket that had died goes
between the air horn and the throttle body proper
(above the throttle plates), so it wouldn't have been
a vacuum leak - just a source of unfiltered air.

Unfortunately, wife's Pontiac Asuna Sunrunner that I
wrote about before has gone back to it's old tricks,
after running flawlessly for about a week.  When I
last worked on it, I was only able to buy one of the
four gaskets on the TB, and I didn't have any gasket
material the night I rushed it back together, so
hopefully another cleaning and 3 new gaskets this
weekend will fix it permanently.

I've always found the updates and "What it was" posts
very interesting, so I thought I'd pass this along.

Duncan