[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 23, Issue 28

Cowen captain_krill
Wed Jan 31 19:27:17 UTC 2007

Can you trigger the solenoid manually, to confirm it
works?  That would help rule out the ECM (I know
you've tested for resistance etc, but what the heck).

Is it stuck open, or closed?  In either case, is there
an engine condition that would cause this (such as say
high coolant temp, loss of ignition signal, I don't
know??).  Look for a circuit that's actually supposed
to lock out the solenoid, and if it exists, find out
if/why it's been triggered.

Any  chance the wastegate itself is mechanically
stuck?  Excess carbon buildup, corrosion, broken
return spring, gate is loose on shaft (causing binding
in bore)?

I didn't know they made a 3.1 with turbo.  Is that the
DOHC 3.1?

Duncan