[Gmecm] Re: Northstar PCM tuning

Andy Harvilla higrafey
Thu Jul 26 17:10:07 UTC 2007

Yeah, I've been reading some stuff on the Fiero lists about the
Northstar, but it's not of much use.  I tried contacting one fellow
who's tuning them, but he's been less than helpful.  I think he's
trying to put together a system to sell, so I guess I understand his
concerns.

I'm going to play around with a Tech 2 tonight at my local GM
dealership (I have a few friends there), so perhaps I'll uncover
something useful.  Those tools are supposed to be able to copy a PCM
image to a flash card, which I can then load up on the computer.
I've been told the N* PCMs are similar to those used in LS1 cars...
maybe some code is the same.

Who knows, this might just be a dead end.  Can't hurt to try.

Andy

Bill wrote:

Have you asked on the Fiero lists?  They're big on putting n* v8s in
those little cars.

hth,

Bill