[Gmecm] Opel, Vauxhall, or GM ECM?

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Fri Jul 27 16:59:48 UTC 2007

Seems like plenty of guys in the UK have cracked Vaux Boxes.? There's even software out there with calibrations, both stock and modified.? Maybe there's someone on migweb that can give more poignant details?

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Lonnborg <perlon at passagen.se>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 2:44 am
Subject: [Gmecm] Opel, Vauxhall, or GM ECM?

Hi!

I know this is probably totally wrong forum, but since I only have dealt with GM
ECM and I know there are lots of skilled persons out here
I hope someone can help:

A friend of mine who knows I mess with GM ECMs gave me this two boxes, pics
here:

http://www.lanechoice.net/P/EFI/mail/kim1.jpg

http://www.lanechoice.net/P/EFI/mail/kim2.jpg

They are from an Opel (or are they called Vauxhall in the US?), anyway they
belong to the GM family. I clearly see that it is Bosch
products (Motronic), but the second pic also have a GM part no, 96 015 795.

I believe this is the box for the tranny?

I would be very glad if someone coult point me to the right direction regarding
these ECMs or if someone have personal skills about them.

Thanks,

/Per