[Gmecm] Re: VSS help needed

DOZIERHC at aol.com DOZIERHC
Thu Jun 7 20:54:45 UTC 2007

Decel fuel cutoff and also enleanment typically would NOT use a VSS  input.

Think about it this way.

You have a manual trans (or  automatic with aggressive lockup) and put it in
a high gear, and decel  from that with the clutch engaged.
When you get close to idle, you dump the  clutch (or torque converter clutch
is uncoupled).
If the decel cutoff worked  off VSS, this would cause a stall due to the low
speed engine unloading while  the engine was being motored (dry-fired), as
there is insufficient time to  execute a rewet of the manifold/cylinders to get
combustion restarted with  efficiency (combustion chambers dry and cold).

So instead, decel fuel  cutoff works as a function of (ECT, RPM, TPS, and
MAP/MAF).  Additionally,  catalyst heating and O2 heating can also be included
for optimizing of the  algorithm if necessary.

H. Dozier

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:20:39 -0500 From: "James Panter"
<_9jim30 at charter.net_ (mailto:9jim30 at charter.net) >
 Subject: Re: [Gmecm] VSS help needed
 To: <_gmecm at diy-efi.org_ (mailto:gmecm at diy-efi.org) >

 Only other way for decel enleanment is the TPS I guess!  I'm currently
 working with a 7749 and have the VSS hooked up but don't really know if the
 VSS is responsible for enleanment.
 I am also working with a FAST ECM and it requires no VSS signal for it to
 function properly.  Must mean it uses the TPS for the ECM to know what's
 happening.       Jim----- Original Message -----