[Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems still

Ford, Pat Pat.Ford
Mon Jun 11 13:05:49 UTC 2007

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Cowen
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:00 PM
To: Gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems still

Well, it failed AirCare again yesterday.  I am getting the CO a little
lower, but it's still high.  It's allowed about 12.5 g/km, but it's
reading about 14.25 g/km.  All other emissions tested are good.

My mom has the identical car (even color!), and it passed AirCare on Dec
19th no problem.  So, I've got a source of known good parts!  Here's
what I've done:

-Cleaned/tested EGR
-Cleaned EGR vacuum modulator, then swapped it -Cleaned/tested PCV
-Cleaned IAT and ECT sensors to ensure connectivity -Cleaned and greased
all engine grounds (4) -Disassembled and Cleaned Throttle body, blew out
all passages w air, new gaskets -Set valve lash -Confirmed good, even
compression -Tried to inspect injector spray pattern w strobe, pod
obstructs view, but no large drops - seems to be a mist -Checked Fuel
return line - clear of obstruction -Compared Fuel Press Reg with mom's -
couldn't make either do anything, so at least they're the same.
-Checked purge canister - not flooded w gas -Checked all vacuum hoses -
no leaks, no obstructions -New plugs, gapped to 0.028"
-Checked base timing.  Strange, I shorted the check connector as per the
VECI, but couldn't affect the timing.  Have I lost ECM control of
timing?  How??
-Swapped cap, wires, rotor, and distributor -Swapped coil and ignitor
-Swapped TPS -Swapped O2 -Swapped MAP and MAP line w filter -Confirmed
MAP port on manifold is clean -Replaced suspect capacitors in ECM
-Swapped ECMs, although I didn't actually run it through an AirCare test
with swapped ECM, because it didn't feel like it ran any different with
Mom's.

Symptoms: Beginning quite abruptly in late August, abysmal mileage,
hesistation/light missing on light acceleration.  Oh, and has failed
Aircare for the same reason 3 times since Nov 25th!

Strangely enough, I did a ton of work in one day, including redoing the
TB, and it ran PERFECTLY for about a week!

It runs well otherwise, uses little oil, and has plenty of power.  What
am I missing??  Why does it run so rich?

Thanks for any suggestions!