[Gmecm] The next step: E67 ECM

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Thu Jun 28 15:03:31 UTC 2007

[QUOTE][B]Originally posted by ryan.hess on the Fiero list:[/B]

Well I was able to desolder all the connectors, and pry around the
outside to pop out the main board.

Now this is pretty surprising.......  GM has stopped "rebranding"
chips.  Or perhaps that's something up to the manufacturer once GM
stopped building their own ECM's?  At any rate, parts are very standard...

Processor is a MPC565 from Freescale (formerly Motorola)[/quote]
--snip--

I don't have permission to post there yet.  The 565 is a good thing.  I
have a 565 development board,  been working with an mpc5553 project the
past few months.

This will use the Can Control Protocol (CCP) for scanning data from the
processor, altering calibration parameters on the fly,  and reflashing
the operating code.  It will most likely be seed/key protected.

Bill