[Gmecm] 749 Shift light output

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Thu Mar 1 01:05:32 UTC 2007

Bill, I think the easiest way is to look for the location in code which uses the variable
0x013E  KRPMAX      RPM Over Which Shift Light is Always On

If you can reverse the logic of this short section of code, you could create a variable equal to "rpm below which shift light always off." and use the two for control of the intake tuning valve.

 Maybe I'll post more if I have time.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: b.shaw at comcast.net
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 6:28 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] 749 Shift light output

I've just obtained a 32 valve 5.0L engine for my 928. This should give me about 90 hp more than my 16V 4.7L before I add the forced induction. One issue I have to address with the 32V is the flappy valve in the intake. This is an intake resonance device that is normally triggered to open at about 4000 rpm by the Bosch LH ecu.

I'm thinking about controlling it with the shift light output on my '749, but it needs to be modified a bit so that it triggers just on RPM, not engine load or anything else. Has anyone modified the shift light output on a '749 to be just an RPM trigger?

TIA,

Bill
928s 4.7L 5 sp. Vortech/749 (soon to be 5.0L 32V!)