[Gmecm] MIL wiring (Newbie Question)

Tim Eichhorn tim.eichhorn
Fri Mar 9 01:49:18 UTC 2007

Scott,

Thanks for the feedback.  Just trying to finish up the wiring, and this is one of the last pieces.

Now I just have to get the fuel table tweaked.  It's pretty close, just has some lean spots I have straighten out...

V/r

Tim Eichhorn

Scott Peitzsch <jlg-sep at comcast.net> wrote: > This is a fairly easy question, I think.  What is the standard wiring for
> the MIL output  to
> the lamp?  I have put a voltmeter on it and it seems to go high (WRT GND)
> when the lamp
> should be off and low when the lamp should be on.  This is actually a MEFI
> 4 controller,
> but it is a Delphi/DELCO product and shares much of the same architecture
> and features
> as it's automotive cousins.  Is this output actually a switching ground
> i.e., should my MIL
> have 12V+  on one side with the other (GND) tied to this "output"?

You're pretty much nailed it - typical GM MIL wiring is +12VDC to one side
of the
lamp with the ECM/PCM switching the other side to ground when active.

-Scott