[Gmecm] Re: Vortec L31 oscillating at idle

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Wed Mar 21 19:04:29 UTC 2007

>That is a problem on OTC's end. With the Tech 2, as soon as it reaches the desired RPM >point (~4000RPM), it will cut out. The Genisys likes to bounce it off the rev limiter for that >30-45 seconds. Btw, last time I tried the Genisys will not do a relearn on an LS1. Bouncing >off a 6200 rev limiter sitting still is not the way I like to find out.

>Scott

I've only tried it on the 7.4 and 5.7L trucks. Both did the learn as soon as it hit 4250 rpm which is the cutout in neutral. It took me longer to find the prceedure in the scan tool than to actually do it. Next time you do the relearn on one snap the throttle and let off just as the RPM crosses the cutout threshold. It should get the relearn immediately. As I recall the learn actually happens on the decel from the snap. Which is why it would take longer bouncing off the rpm limiter.

  Andrew