[Gmecm] Shift light load

bcroe at juno.com bcroe
Sun May 6 00:42:29 UTC 2007

You ought to be able to put a resistor in parallel with
the LED to keep leakage current from building up
enough votage to turn the LED on.  A couple 1N4004s
in series with the LED could increase the threshold
voltage req'd to turn on the LED, while allowing a
higher value resistor in parallel with the combination
to absorb leakage current.  You still need a resistor
in series with the source, to limit "on" current.

The latest high efficiency LEDs can put out a LOT of
light (but rather directionally) with very little current.

Bruce Roe