[Gmecm] j1850 and/or 68hc58 experience?

Darren Freed darrenfreed
Tue May 8 17:28:12 UTC 2007

Steve,

The other thing you may want to consider is connecting an ELM-based device
on the Class 2 bus so that you can see what you really _should_ be expecting
to see.  I would think that would take some of the uncertainty out of it.

FWIW, the receive msg doesn't make any sense to me either.  You really
should see a response to the 'shut up' command (mode $28).  That mode #3c
request (VIN) has worked for me, using the an AVT device.

Darren