[Gmecm] Re: Stumbling '7730 - VSS solution from 93 Caprice Cop Car?

DOZIERHC at aol.com DOZIERHC
Wed May 30 20:48:28 UTC 2007

Mike...

Know what the connectors on that VSS are?  Any part numbers on them,  or what
PN could be referenced from a place like GMPartsDirect.com?

Hank

In a message dated 5/30/2007 3:39:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gmecm-request at diy-efi.org writes:

Date:  Wed, 30 May 2007 12:35:21 -0700
From: "Mike Wilson"  <mwilson at bwarch.com>
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] Re: Stumbling '7730
To:  <gmecm at diy-efi.org>

I found a dual output VSS  that came on 1993 Caprice cop cars is still
available from several local  auto parts stores. NAPA # VSS231 or CSK #DR1044
is what I used. It was  around $60.

It has the VSS output for the ECM and a mechanical  speedometer cable drive
that was used for a mechanically driven radar gun.  It worked great when I
put a 4L60 & LT1 into my 67 Chevelle with the  original mechanical
speedometer.

You will just need a conversion  speedometer cable made for your current
setup if the AMC transmission  connection is different and later one made for
the MG swap to use the  original MG speedometer.

Hope this  helps,
Mike