[Gmecm] eeprom programmers HELP

Scott Pearson mrcad472
Tue Oct 2 13:23:59 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "kctobyjoe1" <kctobyjoe1 at verizon.net>
> i am maybe a confusing guy
> I have the ORIG BCM and ECM yet in the car
> acquired a BRAND NEW ECM for $20 but it came w/o the EEPROM
> My vehicle, as it is, reads ERROR instead of a mileage
> NO ONE has told me definitely (well no 2 people) what needs to be replaced
> to fix the problem
> EVERYTHING  ELSE works fine

This has been said to you several times on this list.

The mileage is stored in the BCM, not the ECM. You likely have a problem
with the BCM or EEPROM. No one on this list can tell you for sure what your
problem is without diagnosing the vehicle in person, we're just offering
suggestions.

I don't have any Riv BCM EEPROM bins, so can't even offer you that. I have
the EEPROMs (28C16), but without the proper file, you'll still have
problems.

Scott