[Gmecm] Killing $58 ALDL chatter

Rob Handley Robin
Sat Sep 1 16:56:41 UTC 2007

Been having another go at improving my PC code to kill off $58 chatter.

This time I made a 5ms timer by reprogramming the PC clock interrupt. I
thought if I accurately timed the arrival of a chatter message, I could
accurately time the Mode 1 message request.

Unfortunately, I can't make my code kill off the chatter messages first
time, every time. More often than not it does it first time, but sometimes
it takes 2 bites at the cherry.

So, the $58 ALDL code is even more picky than I thought, and a 5ms timer
doesn't seem to be high enough resolution to get the timing bang on.

As it stands I wait for one tick of my 5ms to elapse after receipt of a
chatter message, then bang in a Mode 1 request straight after.

If anybody's got a better way, I'd be interested to hear it.

Robin