[Gmecm] Project underway...

Garrett Herning herningg
Wed Sep 5 04:29:41 UTC 2007

Hi David,

With only 100 hp, those injectors may be too big for that engine... you'd
have to look up the flowrate and check it with a HP calculator and see how
close they are. I know there was a lower flow version for the 2.8L.

Yea, you might run into some difficulties with lean spot on throttle bumping
due to that large plenum. I have a 95 truck I upped the compression on when
I was experimenting with some combustion enhancements to the heads... I get
slight knock when I bump the throttle, but goes away quickly. Seems to be
the time it takes for the fuel to get from the TBI to the cylinders... most
noticible at low rpms and a for the most part just as you get in the
throttle a bit. Either that or my combustion mods arent working... lol

The MS I bought was a couple years ago, just a fuel controller, so the HEI
dist still runs the spark. The new version now has a lot of good features
like spark control, IAC hardware for the GM type and bigger fuel tables. I
need to get one, just too many other projects. The nce thing is that once
you have the MS, any tuning sotware is free (all posted on the web) and even
the source code is all open source, so if you want to get in and mess with
the microcode, you can go ahead. Pretty much any parameter you can adjust
and set. The hard part is probably putting together hardware and getting it
all wired up. Most common hardware works, but I know there are some
specifics with the distributors and a crank trigger for it. The downside is
there is no diagnostic stream.. you do have a data stream of all sensors and
settings, but if soemthing goes away, there is no limp home mode... Although
after I put mine on, I did drive 1200 miles to a MS get together, so the
durability is there... I'd have to pick up one of the V3 MS's to see how
they map the ignition though... Overall you cant beat it for the price...
esp when you look at what they like to get for aftermarket systems... That
dont work 1/2 as well.

Garrett