[Gmecm] Re: Undignified death of a project :P

Beau Blankenship ne14roxcj
Sun Sep 9 16:26:54 UTC 2007

I too have proven this to myself on my 7747 TBI and 7730 TPI setups. The oil
pressure switch is just a backup for the fuel pump relay that the ECM
drives. Only if you loose both current feeds (the ECM controlled relay AND
the oil pressure switch) will the fuel pump shut off. Now, if you didn't
connect the ECM controlled relay, then the oil switch would shut the pump
down if oil pressure dropped. But you would have a long cranking time before
the engine built oil pressure and activated the pump circuit. Just my
experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Jared Ryan
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:07 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Re: Undignified death of a project :P

I also found this out.  I forgot to plug in the oil pressure switch
connector, and the vehicle started right up.  In fact, I drove it
across town and back before I realized that it was not connected.

This was on a 1228746 TBI vehicle.

I'm glad it isn't a miswiring on my part or some other weirdness.  I
didn't know that the feature was useless.

  ---> Jared Ryan <---
jryan at caminofx.org | http://www.caminofx.org