[Gmecm] BPC

Rob Handley Robin
Sun Sep 16 10:34:33 UTC 2007

Has anybody looked in detail at the BPC value in $58 array F28?

If my calculations are correct, the standard BPC value is computed using the
same value of injector flow rate that is stored at KDISFS, a litres/cyl
value of 0.5, and a multiplicative factor of 0.5 (to compensate for the fact
that the injectors are firing twice per cylinder firing).

Does this match others' understanding?

If so, then values for F28 for a new application can be directly computed
from the standard ones, based on the new litres/cyl and injector flow rate.

Apologies if this is old news, but all the references that I've seen seem to
consider the F28 values as something that you have to 'fiddle' with. I'm
trying to get F28 set 'right' before mapping the VE table for my engine - so
that a theoretical VE table computed from peak engine power/RPM will be a
good starting point and then only the VE table will need to be adjusted.
That's the plan, anyway!

Rob

P.S. I'm making progress in matching the coded BPW calculation with the
ideal gas law, but still don't understand why the MAT' contribution should
plateau at temperatures above 23.5 C. I've verified my understanding of the
code by twiddling a pot on the MAT lines and displaying the F31M looked-up
value via ALDL. Is there another place in the code where MAT is used, that
I've missed?