[Gmecm] eeprom programmers HELP

Don Brown gs455tpi
Sat Sep 29 13:00:32 UTC 2007

If I understand your question you have a memcal with no eeprom.  The eeprom
itself isn't vin dependent, but it is ecm dependent.  You need to know the
service number of the ecm and you can find out which one is needed from
diy-efi.  There are still sources for them but you need to be sure to get
one that's rated for the temperatrure extremes that the chip would see.  I'm
assuming that you have your own prom burner for this.

If you don't have your own prom burner the whole memcal is available that's
written for your make/model.  Some others here might have some good
suggestions.  I haven't needed to purchase one for quite awhile.

If I misunderstood your question please correct me.

don
----- Original Message -----
From: "kctobyjoe1" <kctobyjoe1 at verizon.net>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] eeprom programmers HELP

Have a 92 Riv. been on here before begging for help
Got new MAIN computer NO EEPROM
How do you know for SURE the EEPROM is BAD
I originally suspected BCM
I can reset ALL codes but those BCM is responsible for
ERROR shows instead of mileage
EVERYTHING else works
Anybody stock eeproms how much to buy & reprogram
I understand they are VIN dependent
could care less what it states in mileage
in PA NO INSPECTION due to NO mileage reference ;-( -and cant do an
emissions test due to same
Risk getting a ticket (big bux) here in PA if I get pulled over ;-(
kc