[Gmecm] Scam alert - fuel station trickery!

David Allen davida1
Sat Aug 13 22:13:31 UTC 2011

Twice in the past month I have been faced with the following situation.

Go to pump, use credit card at pump.  Fuel car, get receipt. Go in store to
get cold drink etc.  Cashier explains that "my sale did not go through" and
she needs to "run my credit card inside."  Told her I got a receipt,  but
was told in a very convincing way that "the system has a problem and even
though you got a receipt, your sale did not go throug."  Cashier provided a
"ticket" showing the amount owed.  Upon looking at the fine print, the
ticket was a cash sale fuel ticket from a couple hours before. Totally
different gallon amount than what I had, and was was Regular Gas (and I
bought 93).

This happened at 2 different stores in Louisiana over the past month.

After asking about it from other store clerks, I was told likely "A," the
cashier was the victim of a drive-off and was trying to trick other
customers into paying for the outstanding fuel ticket. Or "B" she put that
fuel in her own car.

Just be careful guys/ gals!

David