[Gmecm] 181 merc 730 mixture trim adjusting tool

Brian Koontz brian
Sun Aug 21 14:27:03 UTC 2011

> interesting - PLX is offering their new control unit and sensor for
> $149 as pre-order.
> -or with a fancy display gauge and some other stuff for $279.

$149 is an excellent price, I know I paid much more than that when I
purchased mine.  In fact, I might just have to go take a look at the new
units, thanks for the pointer!

> The basic unit would need a display unit (or voltmeter) to display
> the reading. From what I've seen, that sounds like a good price,
> Thoughts?

Construction of a simple LED bar graph that takes the 0-5V analog signal
and levels it would be trivial.  The analog output is linear, so you
could build a circuit like this [1] rather easily.

[1] http://www.electronics-project-design.com/BarGraphLED.html

BTW, unless PLX has changed their setup, the sensor is a Bosch sensor
used in the '03 Turbo Beetle.  It's actually the same one Innovate uses
with the LC-1/LM-1, but with a different connector.

  --Brian