[Gmecm] OT - refrigerants

K Mayer mayerk
Sat Jun 11 14:16:21 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----

The system was designed for R22, don't use anything else.  Granted R22 is expensive these days (I bought 30lb a year ago for $200).  Do you know anyoe in the HVAC business?  Pay him for only the refrigerant you need rather than buying a full cylinder.  If the system is in serviceable condition, use it until it dies, then replace it with an R410a system.  Try to schedule the replacement for late autumn or early spring, when contractors are not too busy.  If you will diy, Desco Energy in York, PA sells on ebay and directly.  They will also size the system for you.

Ken
:-)