[Gmecm] High idle BLM

Charles McDowell cmcdowell12
Mon Sep 5 18:09:27 UTC 2011

I'm trying to figure out why my BLM values go way up when I'm idling in
park.  This is a 7747 TBI system.  If I get a data point in the idle area
cells while driving, they are decent, like low 130s, but when I stop and
throw it into park I can see them climbing slowly up to 150+.  I have a
heated O2 (3 wire) and I verified it's working.  Surfing around I see
references to vacuum leaks as a possible culprit, but I think that's for MAF
systems that don't see the leak.  For a speed-density (I think that's right)
MAP/RPM setup I can't see how it would matter if the manifold pressure comes
from above the throttle body or below.  Am I missing something?  Thanks for
any help, this is making my VE tuning painful.