[Gmecm] Looking for MPI/Conversion information for GM 454 CubicInch Engine

Aaron aaron
Thu Sep 15 13:38:36 UTC 2011

I find it interesting that I got Adrian?s response to my email before I got
my email.

The list server must be confused and or flakey this week.

A quick Google found some interesting solutions using factory stuff that
will get you MPI with some fabrication work.

If you keep your existing manifold, it will need to be drilled for the
injectors and / or have the injector bungs welded on. Then you?ll need to
get some type of throttle body to control the air flow and a place to mount
the TPS. This gentlemen found a cool solution in this 90? elbow adaptor to
go from a carburetor base to a throttle body.

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/GMTPISwap.htm

If you want a factory manifold, complete with all the parts, you can search
for one of the 502 RAM JET manifolds. And from the quick search I did,
sounds like the manifold will outperform your heads, so better heads might
be in order as well.

Other things to grab in the junk yard would be an in-tank fuel pump with
harness, steel fuel lines, Heated O2 sensors, HEI distributor with ESC
module if necessary, ECU and as much harness as you can get.

Keep us posted, It sounds like fun.