[Gmecm] Looking for MPI/Conversion information for GM 454 CubicInch Engine

Avery Nisbet anisbet
Fri Sep 16 18:31:17 UTC 2011

Check out some of the pictures at the end of this how to.
http://www.sdsefi.com/techinta.htm

You can buy these bosses from a number of different sites.  Or make
them your self they give you all be specs needed in the howto's
You could just drill 8 holes for the injectors in your intake
manifold.  Weld in or have the bosses welded in.  Then pull all the
guts out of a carb and uses it as the throttle body. It may be easer
to build an adapter plate to an EFI Throttle body because it will have
provisions for a TPS sensor.

Then build fuel rails to feed the injectors.
http://www.sdsefi.com/techinta.htm

These are not the only ways to get the job done but those sites have
nice pictures and they list the sizes of everything so you could make
it yourself if you have a lathe or mill.  Or are very handy with a
drill press.
-Avery