[Gmecm] Choosing ECM?

Avery Nisbet anisbet
Fri Sep 16 18:40:26 UTC 2011

I would look at the 7727 and the 7730.  They have higher baud rate for
logging.   They are very common in V6 cars(mem cals easy to find).
They can also run the code 59 firmware.  Those guys have done tons of
stuff getting random outputs for fans and other things.  These outputs
could be repurposed  to control the NOS system.   You can run HEI or
DIS with them.  That V6 may have the crank trigger wheel cast on the
crank for DIS.

Check out the code59.org for more info.   This set will require a 3bar
map sensor but thats not a big deal.
-Avery